Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UAE: Automatic watering leads to abundant lettuce cropNestled amongst the suburban, private stables of the NABTA’s showroom greenhouse in Dubai is an immaculate green and white idyll. Jamal and his team cultivate a wide, healthy and ever-changing range of produce and in doing so demonstrate the potential for AutoPot Watering Systems in this part of the world. This range of produce includes lettuce grown in coco peat in white pots on top of CocoMats irrigated with easy2GOs.
Jamal reported abundant interest in AutoPot systems in the region. Much of the demand stems from commercial operations looking for local solutions to future food production. A great many of those involved in commercial operations also want greenhouses of their own at home.
This trend of high profile commercial customers taking an active personal interest in horticulture is filtering down. So much so that Jamal’s intention is to liaise with the Minister of Agriculture with a view to producing complete turn key systems for residents which will include greenhouses/AutoPot irrigation technology & fertiliser.
For more information:
Publication date: 3/5/2018
Other news in this sector: