Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (MA): 130,000 sq.ft. MMJ greenhouse breaks groundAmeriCann began work on the 52 acres it owns in the Business Park of Freetown, just over the Fall River line.
It will build a 130,000 square foot greenhouse, warehouse and laboratory to grow, process and package marijuana.
The facility will take marijuana from seed to buds or oils. The product will be pure enough and controlled enough for use in medicine, according to Tim Keogh, the president and CEO of AmeriCann, a marijuana service company based in Colorado.
AmeriCann purchased 52 acres of land that was formerly owned by the Boston Beer Co. Boston Beer planned to build a brewery on the site, but changed those plans after finding an existing brewery for sale in Pennsylvania.
AmeriCann stepped in with plans to build a marijuana grow house for hire.
AmeriCann will maintain the greenhouse and laboratory. Marijuana distributors will rent space and lab time to grow cannabis plants and convert them into oils, tinctures, lozenges or leaves to smoke.
The initial facility will be dedicated to producing medical marijuana. It is being built to allow for expansion of up to 1 million square feet if the needs of the recreational market require that, Keogh said.
Read more at The Herald News (Kevin P. O'Connor)
Publication date: 2/28/2018
Other news in this sector: