Top 5 -yesterday
- Nigeria: Wells Hosa Greenhouse will partner with government, private sector
- Study shows effects of fertilizing tomato with selenium
- Summer School Greenhouse Horticulture #SSGH18
- ”Fresh Business Expo proven to be effective platform for Ukraine's fresh produce industry”
- Tomatoes in new construction ensured of plenty of light
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- Australia: Is your farm eligible for a grant of up to $500,000?
- US (CA): Strong production leaves lettuce market subdued
- Farmers want Canada included in U.S. trade agreement
- Ireland: Funding for food waste reduction and agri-food tourism projects
- AU: Katunga fresh to expand with 15 hectare cucumber greenhouse
Retail partners Colruyt Group to pilot with FutureProof retail's Self-scanning Mobile Checkout
FutureProof Retail (FPR), the leading provider of line-free mobile checkout, announced that Retail Partners Colruyt Group (RPCG) has engaged in a pilot project to deploy FPR’s line-free mobile self-scanning checkout solution in test stores of its Spar Colruyt Group unit in Belgium in early 2018.
FPR’s solution enables shoppers to use their smartphones to scan items while they are shopping. Shoppers are able to see the current total of their shopping basket at any time and can simply pay on their phone, skip the lines at checkout and leave the store.
RPCG expects to delight existing customers, gain new shoppers and increase basket sizes and shopping frequency. FPR’s solution integrates seamlessly with Spar’s existing POS and Xtra loyalty solutions. It also utilizes Scandit’s Barcode Scanner SDK to enable faster scanning even in cases of damaged or hard-to-read barcodes.
“We are thrilled to be part of RPCG’s innovation strategy enabling shoppers at Spar Colruyt Group stores to skip the checkout line,” says Di Di Chan, president of FutureProof Retail.
“FutureProof Retail’s self-scanning mobile checkout solution will offer our customers a new way of shopping that allows them to quickly get in and out of the store without having to wait in line at checkout,” says Dirk Depoorter, CEO of RPCG. “Especially for shoppers who just need a few items, this will be a big time saver.”
FPR's Mobile Checkout and Order Ahead solutions will be featured in the EuroCIS Trade Show in Dusseldorf, Germany, on Feb. 27–March 1 at the Bizerba booth Hall 9 #F22 and the Scandit booth Hall 10 #F05.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to meet us at EuroCIS.
For more information:
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 06/20/2018 Sing along with the vegetable edition of Little Green Bag
- 06/12/2018 Carrefour’s 'Black Market' - 7 months after launch
- 06/07/2018 Prison terms demanded for fraud in Westland tomato trade
- 06/05/2018 Consumers still hesitate to buy fresh produce online
- 06/05/2018 Wendy's is moving all of its tomato production to greenhouses
- 05/23/2018 Germany: Discounter expands healthy fruit & vegetable brand program
- 05/11/2018 Twice as much fruit and vegetables in the average AH shop
- 05/10/2018 Atlanta cop nets long sentence for breaking man’s leg over ‘stolen’ tomato
- 05/08/2018 Photo report CPMA retail tour
- 05/07/2018 "Customers can harvest lettuce in the supermarket"
- 04/25/2018 "China: Walmart unites suppliers in "Fresh Food Alliance"
- 03/26/2018 China: Vending machines are transforming into smart storefronts
- 03/21/2018 US: Walmart files patent for 'pollination drone'
- 03/20/2018 Value-added salad company relaunches chopped salad kits
- 03/13/2018 How the rise of Amazon will urge you to create a brand in fresh produce
- 02/26/2018 Retail partners Colruyt Group to pilot with FutureProof retail's Self-scanning Mobile Checkout
- 02/23/2018 Lidl expands its fresh produce assortment
- 02/15/2018 Mumbai hawkers creatively storing their wares
- 01/18/2018 Beautiful displays at National Vegetable Fair 2018 in Bangladesh
- 01/12/2018 UK: Marks & Spencer stop selling 'cauliflower steak'