Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Quick reference guide for hydroponic growersHydroponics, while somewhat similar, is actually much different than aquaponics. The biggest difference is that there are no fish. In aquaponics, fish provide many necessary plant resources by pooping and participate in numerous biological processes including nitrification. Largely, the only grower input is fish feed and nutrient supplements.
In a hydroponic system, the grower is responsible for providing all of the nutrients as a mixture in addition to supplementing. Therefore, you will need to understand the necessary inputs, what to monitor, and what not to do.
Upstart University has posted a list of guidelines rather than strict rules—every system is different based on type, grower, inputs, and crops.
Publication date: 2/23/2018
Other news in this sector: