Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are now the only people producing the tubers hydroponically"
- Oxygen level in water: an underestimated factor in plant growth
- Bitcoin mining powers tomato greenhouse
- How the rise of Amazon will urge you to create a brand in fresh produce
- UV light provides novel method to improve crop performance and yield
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
March 7, New Bern
US (NC): Aquaponics short course by NC State UniversityDesigned to provide entrepreneurs research based technical training in the fundamentals of aquaponic technology, an upcoming NC State course will showcase techniques and practices that are being used at one of the largest commercial facilities in the U.S.
NC commercial aquaponics experts from the facility at Lucky Clay’s Fresh will lead the presentations.
Aquaponics Farm Manager Bradley Todd joined the team at Lucky Clays Farm in 2010 and began managing Lucky Clays Fresh in 2013. Todd was raised in Aquadale, North Carolina and spent five years in the Marine Corps. After completing service, he received a Bachelor of Science Degree in Geology and Earth Science from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. While overseas in the military, Todd began his research in the fundamentals, engineering, and science of aquaculture and hydroponics, which ultimately lead him to learn about the process of combining the two into an efficient and sustainable farming system. Todd intends to incorporate bio-floc technology, Vermiculture, and mycology into an all-encompassing production flow with Lucky Clays Fresh’s established Aquaponics system.
Huy Tran is an aquaculture and aquaponics expert with more than 20 years experience. After graduating with a degree in agriculture/aquaculture from the University Of Hawaii, Huy worked at and managed several area farms rearing Shrimp and numerous Marine/Freshwater fish species. This included managing a 20 acre farm producing 47 different aquatic species used in aquatic toxicology testing. In 1997 he began work at Aquatic Eco-System (AES) where he remained for 19 years. As Sales and Marketing Officer, he was responsible for production of 16 of the AES master catalogs and oversaw all technical sales and all marketing for the company. Currently, Huy owns his own facility, Apopka Aquaponic Farms, and consults/designs for many aquaponic and Aquaculture facilities world wide.
Click here for more information and to register.
Publication date: 2/22/2018
Other news in this sector: