- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
on track to over 5.6 million sq. ft. domestic growing space
Canopy Growth obtains license for first mega-scale BC facility
The rapid licensing of the Aldergrove site, the largest federally licensed cannabis site anywhere in the world, covers over 400,000 sq. ft. of growing space, allowing vegetative growth so that the mature plants can be spread into the full 1.3 million sq. ft. in the coming months for flowering and ultimate harvest.
In only a few short months the site was renovated with lighting, shade systems, security, and automated systems to meet the rigorous standards of both the ACMPR and Canopy Growth. Over the weekend, the site received the largest single shipment of cannabis clones in the company's history, with over 100,000 live cannabis clones flying high from the Tweed Smiths Falls Campus to their new home in British Columbia.
"Our team has made monumental and often historic progress in the retail landscape of every Canadian province to have announced its system to date. We are the only producer in Canada who can make this claim and we will continue to leverage our production platform in order to solidify a truly national presence for our cannabis brands," said Mark Zekulin, President, Canopy Growth. "A cultivation license for our first BC Tweed site positions us to continue this trend as Canada's, and indeed the world's largest, most reliable and most diversified producer and seller of high quality regulated cannabis."
"As proud native British Columbians and long-time horticulture producers we are excited to continue the proud tradition of BC bud on a national scale," said Victor Krahn, who runs operations for BC Tweed. "Working with Canopy Growth we're going to take the Tweed brand to the next level on the West Coast and bring the best our province has to offer to the country and the world."
With the Aldergrove, BC site now into the production stage, BC Tweed's focus will turn to its second BC site, a 1.7 million sq. ft. greenhouse, with work already well under way. With this expansion, Canopy Growth is on track to have over 5.6 million sq. ft. of domestic growing space.
Management consulted IIROC and made the decision to halt trading of Canopy Growth common shares on the TSX on Friday, Feb 16th at approximately 4:20 pm ET when it learned that it had been issued the licence because it represented a material change in the company's production capacity.
For more information:
1 Hershey Dr.
Smiths Falls, Ontario
1 855 558 9333 x 122
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/21/2018 Canadian grower gets green light to export MMJ to US
- 09/21/2018 CAN (BC): Bud producer offers virtual tour of its greenhouse facility
- 09/20/2018 US (CA): Cannabis cultivation facility expands beyond original scope
- 09/19/2018 US (WA): Construction permit issued for 44,000 sq.ft. MMJ facility
- 09/19/2018 South Africa's highest court legalises cannabis use
- 09/19/2018 CAN (ON): Auto plant converted into medical cannabis cultivation facility in 12 months
- 09/18/2018 US (CA): Turnkey automated cultivation systems for the cannabis industry
- 09/18/2018 CAN (ON): Aleafia’s 160,000 sq. ft. greenhouse retrofitting on schedule
- 09/17/2018 Cannabis Research Center opens in Switzerland
- 09/17/2018 US (OK): Former tomato greenhouse ready for organic MMJ
- 09/17/2018 MMJ replaces soybeans as Ontario's new cash crop
- 09/14/2018 CAN (ON): MJ grower buys garden centre in $6.7M deal
- 09/14/2018 European Parliament looking to improve access to medical cannabis
- 09/11/2018 CAN: Construction update: Weedon, Quebec Greenhouse Project
- 09/11/2018 CAN (BC): Pure Sunfarms to expand cannabis acreage to 550,000 sq.ft.
- 09/10/2018 US (NV): CROP completes purchase of Nye County farm
- 09/10/2018 US: Ohio misses Sept. 8 deadline for medical marijuana program
- 09/07/2018 Delphy gets into cannabis cultivation
- 09/06/2018 CAN (BC): Medicinal greenhouse proposal for Logan Lake
- 09/05/2018 Big-name investors experiment with marijuana stocks