Top 5 -yesterday
- US: Greenhouse atop SEH accommodates unorthodox student experiments
- "Brown Grow Quality Products Continues to Reach Customers"
- Why the tomato was feared in Europe for more than 200 years
- How a French prince is saving the world from tasteless tomatoes
- It's all about sustainable urban planning at IPM Dubai 2018
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- HortTechnology announces open access of applied horticultural research
- Hawthorne Hydroponics recalls humidifiers due to fire and shock hazards
- Resilient strawberry plants without mildew first step in growing cycle
- Kenya: VAT on agrochemicals puts growers on edge
- US: ASTA requests exemptions for seeds on proposed Chinese tariffs list
US: Illumitex and Grow Rebates report record year
“Lighting is the largest and often the most complicated purchase for any grow operation,” says Rob Van Deist, Founder of Grow Rebates. “We are able to provide growers with solutions that help them save money and frequently get started faster by navigating the complex world of utility rebates.”
Grow Rebates and Illumitex work with grow operations to decrease the cost of LED lighting and, in many cases, can reduce the out of pocket cost of lighting to as low as $150 per light.
“Traditionally, LED lighting has been viewed as too costly for these start-up operations and that is simply not the case,” said John Spencer, Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Illumitex. “The combination of cost reduction in technology and using the funds that have been made available, means these fixtures are now more affordable than ever.”
Illumitex and Grow Rebates plan on continued expansion in the Northwest by assisting cultivation facilities in Washington, Oregon, and Northern California.
For more information:
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/18/2018 "The program is so flexible that it can easily grow along with our company"
- 09/18/2018 Rijk Zwaan opens brand-new R&D facility in Fijnaart
- 09/18/2018 "The Hague urban greenhouse cannot be made profitable"
- 09/17/2018 Tomatoes in new construction ensured of plenty of light
- 09/17/2018 China: Haifa Group aid Shandong farmers after typhoon Rumbia attack
- 09/17/2018 "Growers must get rid of their minority complex'"
- 09/14/2018 Public Auction former Brown Coir Export properties
- 09/13/2018 NL: New innovation center The Green East opened
- 09/13/2018 CAN (BC): UFV launches new Food and Agriculture Institute
- 09/12/2018 Strawberry Demo Day 2018 'Clean water, clean soil'
- 09/11/2018 UL/CSA certified cable welding system launched
- 09/11/2018 Urban-gro promotes industry veteran to Executive Vice President, Operations
- 09/11/2018 Oil prices puts pressure on CMA CGM's EBIT, but they stay positive
- 09/10/2018 Biodegradable cultivation tarpaulin on Swedish land
- 09/10/2018 US (AK): Matanuska Experiment Farm gains new director
- 09/10/2018 Bayer CEO doesn't suffer from buyer's remorse
- 09/07/2018 Welding award for KUBO
- 09/07/2018 US facility no longer wants to deal with New Zealand
- 09/07/2018 "In order to promote them, Peruvian chili peppers need to be linked to the gastronomy"
- 09/07/2018 ''Colorful beetroot varieties from north German fields are very popular''