Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are now the only people producing the tubers hydroponically"
- Oxygen level in water: an underestimated factor in plant growth
- Bitcoin mining powers tomato greenhouse
- How the rise of Amazon will urge you to create a brand in fresh produce
- UV light provides novel method to improve crop performance and yield
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Italy: La Linea Verde conquers new markets
2018 already seems to be a good year for La Linea Verde after an excellent 2017 with an estimated turnover of €238 million (6% higher than 2016). As of January 2018, the Italian company specialising in fresh-cut, ready-to-eat, extracts, fresh soup and other high-added-value products has become a supplier for French supermarket chain Intermarché. Products are shipped both from the headquarters and from the Spanish facility of Tudela.
La Linea Verde started working in Spain in 2007 through investment company Vegetales Línea Verde Navarra and has also reached an agreement with Elaborados Naturales for the acquisition of the Lodosa production site, which specialises in the production of sauces, Russian salad and sandwiches.
The plan to develop abroad also extends to Eastern Europe with the objective of supplying the area with high-quality products throughout the year. This is why La Linea Verde has recently set up a commercial and fresh-cut production facility in Serbia, which will also supply Russia.
In Spain, La Linea Verde already supplies Mercadona supermarkets with fresh soups shipped from the Italian facility as well as fresh-cut products supplied by the Spanish one. This growth will have positive effects on employment as well, as the company is looking to hire operators.
At Fruit Logistica 2018, La Linea Verde showcased its extract and fresh vegetable cream range.
After having analysed consumer preferences, La Linea Verde is also redesigning the packaging of its salad mixes - a new solution is being developed that is resealable and that will not squash the product.
A message for you
A special St. Valentine's Day packaging was also developed and associated with a Facebook and Instagram marketing campaign that also included a recipe.
Packaging with the "Sì alla Bontà" (Yes to Goodness) and "Sì alla Freschezza" (Yes to Freshness) logos was also introduced. An innovative technique was used as the plastic is printed and therefore no label is used.
Publication date: 2/21/2018
Other news in this sector: