Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Hyper-local cultivation: Restaurant integrates aquaponics greenhouse
- Can artificial intelligence do as well as farmers in the future?
- US (WI): 20 hectare greenhouse operation to begin next spring
- Village Farms reports net loss, cannabis production ramps up
- German market demands innovation in cherry plum truss tomatoes
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Vietnam: Hi-tech methods raise production value of farm produceThe production value per hectare of land in HCM City reached VND450 million (US$19,736) last year, an increase of 10.9 per cent compared to 2016, largely due to hi-tech methods, according to the city’s Department of Agriculture and Rural Development.
The growth in the city’s total agricultural production value last year was 2.2 times higher than the country’s average figure.
Trang Quoc Dung of Nong Phat Company said the technology had helped raise productivity and quality of the company’s honeydew melons, which are grown in membrane houses and watered by drip irrigation systems in Hoc Mon District.
The company plans to use hi-tech applications for more vegetables such as asparagus this year, Dung said.
According to the city’s agriculture department, hi-tech methods are being used on 390ha of vegetable, flower and fruit cultivation.
The economic value from these kinds of vegetables has been VND1 billion [44,300 USD] to VND1.4 billion [62,000 USD] per ha every year. Nearly VND2 billion [88,600 USD] is earned from each ha of orchids annually.
Read more at VietNamNet
Publication date: 2/14/2018
Other news in this sector: