Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Inside the Canadian cannabis export industryAround once a month, an armoured truck pulls away from a loading dock at the old Hershey Co.ís chocolate factory in Smiths Falls, Ont., carrying boxes packed with dozens of kilograms of marijuana destined for Germany.
Bumping across the roads south of Ottawa, the truck heads to an undisclosed airport, where the product is stored in a secure depot ó alongside other sensitive items such as gold, cash and firearms ó before crossing the Atlantic on a direct cargo flight.
Touching down in Germany, the crates are placed in another armoured vehicle and shuttled to a nondescript building in an industrial park south of Heidelberg, where the marijuana is processed, packaged and shipped around the country.
Itís a scene that could easily be in a Netflix narco-drama, but itís real, all above board and carefully monitored by both Health Canada and Germanyís Federal Ministry of Health.
Read more at the Financial Post (Mark Rendell)
Publication date: 2/13/2018
Other news in this sector: