Job offersmore »
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
- Sales Area Managers - Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, Portugal
- Chief Operations Officer - Deerfield (MA) USA
- LED strategic account manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Inside the Canadian cannabis export industryAround once a month, an armoured truck pulls away from a loading dock at the old Hershey Co.’s chocolate factory in Smiths Falls, Ont., carrying boxes packed with dozens of kilograms of marijuana destined for Germany.
Bumping across the roads south of Ottawa, the truck heads to an undisclosed airport, where the product is stored in a secure depot — alongside other sensitive items such as gold, cash and firearms — before crossing the Atlantic on a direct cargo flight.
Touching down in Germany, the crates are placed in another armoured vehicle and shuttled to a nondescript building in an industrial park south of Heidelberg, where the marijuana is processed, packaged and shipped around the country.
It’s a scene that could easily be in a Netflix narco-drama, but it’s real, all above board and carefully monitored by both Health Canada and Germany’s Federal Ministry of Health.
Read more at the Financial Post (Mark Rendell)
Publication date: 2/13/2018
Other news in this sector: