Job offersmore »
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
Top 5 - yesterday
- "Vine-ripened tomatoes are a very neat sales gimmick"
- US: Controlled environment agriculture experiencing rapid growth
- CAN (NB): Extreme flood causes plants in nursery to swim
- New sensors and forecasting algorithms for smart agriculture
- "The reintroduction of industrial hemp is in full swing worldwide"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
New Zealand, South Korea jointly research intelligent farmingPlant & Food Research has been successful in the latest round of MBIE’s Catalyst Strategic Fund for joint research partnerships between NZ and the Republic of Korea. The new three-year project will focus on real-time monitoring of plant health, nutritional status and fruit development, a key challenge for intelligent farming and smart harvesting.
The project will include scientists from Plant & Food Research, the University of Waikato, Seoul National University and Korea’s Rural Development Administration. Automated remotely-monitored sensors will be applied to assess plant health, water status, fertiliser needs, and fruit growth and maturity. This information should allow timely, less wasteful addition of water/fertiliser, and more accurate prediction of harvest maturity.
For more information:
Publication date: 2/8/2018
Other news in this sector: