Job offersmore »
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
- Pythium root rot on hydroponically grown basil and spinach
Exchange ratesmore »
March 8-10, Montello
US (WI): Aquaponics Master Class nearing capacityThe Aquaponics Master Class is a comprehensive course covering all aspects of aquaponics and controlled environment agriculture. It is intended for anyone seriously considering getting into aquaponic food production, or those already doing aquaponics who want to learn more about the technology. Nelson & Pade cover the topics most important to being successful in aquaponics including aquaponic methods and applications, crop choices and recommendations, water quality, daily operation and growing techniques, greenhouses and environmental control, fish biology and feeds, plant care and health, system start up, economics and business considerations.
Sessions take place at Nelson and Pade’s business campus (unless otherwise noted), which includes their 14,000 sq. ft. greenhouse facilities, a comfortable classroom, commercial aquaponics greenhouse, home aquaponic food system greenhouse and the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point-Aquaponics Innovation Center.
Sessions alternate between classroom lectures, demonstrations and hands-on greenhouse sessions. Presentations are interesting and dynamic. Attendee questions and participation is encouraged. Attendees get to practice what is taught hands-on in the greenhouse.
Nelson and Pade, in a partnership with the University of Wisconsin – Stevens Point (UWSP), offers Aquaponics Master Class attendees the opportunity to earn undergraduate and graduate credit through an accredited university, the University of Wisconsin – Stevens Point. The credit is transferable to other colleges and Universities. Students do not need to be enrolled at UW-SP.
Click here for more information and to sign up.
Publication date: 2/7/2018
Other news in this sector: