Job offersmore »
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
- Pythium root rot on hydroponically grown basil and spinach
Exchange ratesmore »
Brits try EU migrants' vegetable picking jobsA team of young people took on a challenge to work as vegetable pickers, a job usually done by migrant workers.
The group from Plymouth, aged 18 to 23, worked for Southern England Farms Ltd in Cornwall picking cabbages.
The owner Greville Richards said he employs 500 pickers, nearly all of whom are from Eastern Europe, but would gladly employ British workers.
Research found that immediately after the Brexit referendum recruitment to Cornish farms became more difficult and staffing requirements were at 65% of need.
Watch the video at BBC News.
Publication date: 2/7/2018
Other news in this sector: