Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Hyper-local cultivation: Restaurant integrates aquaponics greenhouse
- Can artificial intelligence do as well as farmers in the future?
- US (WI): 20 hectare greenhouse operation to begin next spring
- Village Farms reports net loss, cannabis production ramps up
- German market demands innovation in cherry plum truss tomatoes
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
EU policies provide opportunities for aquaponicsA new paper reviews different policies relevant to aquaponics in order to create a clear picture on how aquaponics can contribute to achieving European goals and how the policies and strategies can provide support and opportunities for this sector.
Because aquaponics falls into fish as well as plant production relevant policies are the Common Agriculture Policy and the Common Fisheries Policy, the European Union (EU) Food Safety and Nutrition Policy, and the EU Environmental Policy. Goals of these policies that are related to aquaponics include promoting innovation, increasing competitiveness and sustainability, improving access to space and water, welfare of fish, prevention of waste, and promoting resource-efficiency and low-carbon economy.
Nelson and Pade Inc., www.aquaponics.com, Copyright 2018, All rights reserved.
Aquaponics contributes to achieving these goals by minimising water and nutrient use, utilising areas unfit for other food production systems, facilitating local food production and thus providing new business opportunities. The EU provides various frameworks for financial support for the different components of aquaponics, resulting in a range of opportunities for the newcomer as well as the already established aquaponics entrepreneurs. Financial support mostly targets research projects, while the sector also needs assistance in the commercial development.
Read the full paper at Ecocycles.
Publication date: 2/6/2018
Other news in this sector: