- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
US (UT): Agricultural business enhances growth at the cellular level
Landon Bunderson, chief science officer at Aqua-Yield, explained that the medical research field has been exploring nanotechnology for many years, and Aqua-Yield is following that lead, but targeted to plant health.
“Using a nano particle, we can deliver nutrients more efficiently to the plant and leaves. This is a more targeted delivery system,” Bunderson said.
This results not only in a healthier plant, but one that requires less water and fertilizer. Clark Bell, Aqua-Yield CEO, said during their first trials on sod grass, the bluegrass sod grew six months faster than normal bluegrass. Bell said at this point, Aqua-Yield has also been applied to apples, alfalfa, cabbage, cilantro, citrus, corn, cotton, greenhouse hay, melons, onions, parsley, pecans, peppers, pistachios, spinach, tomatoes, turfgrass and vegetable starts.
Read more at the Daily Herald (Karissa Neely)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/19/2018 Freshman students research light recipes for kale
- 10/18/2018 Using machine learning to make cultivation recommendations
- 10/18/2018 Remote detection of growth dynamics in red lettuce
- 10/17/2018 Agriculture: Drones in the air - sensors in the ground
- 10/16/2018 Bell pepper year round with LED or Hybrid Lighting
- 10/15/2018 Will America's future farmers be robots?
- 10/15/2018 "Ultra-wide LED spectrum benefits chemical expression in cannabis"
- 10/12/2018 "Stronger crop and cleaner cultivation with oxyhydrogen"
- 10/11/2018 European seed industry, unanimously in favor of CRISPR
- 10/10/2018 "We believe in a co-creative approach within the greenhouse horticulture sector"
- 10/10/2018 Does it make economic sense for you to install grow lights?
- 10/10/2018 "AI enables cutting costs and streamlining operations"
- 10/10/2018 USDA awards funding for light and plant health research
- 10/09/2018 Climate cell on wheels helps Dutch growers with LED dilemma
- 10/09/2018 App prevents heat illness for farm workers
- 10/08/2018 Parametrization of aerodynamic and canopy resistances for modeling evapotranspiration of greenhouse cucumber
- 10/05/2018 Plastic-eating mushrooms aid in combating growing waste crisis
- 10/05/2018 "It is not necessary to clean the irrigation system during crop rotation"
- 10/04/2018 Research into various light spectra
- 10/03/2018 Havecon opens North America office