Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Aquaponic growers present Farm Bill petition to CongressMore than 200 aquaponics growers have signed a petition to US congress, in which they request that the 2018 U.S. Farm Bill include aquaponic agriculture on a level playing field with traditional agriculture. "All U.S. Farm Bill programs relating to crop insurance, crop subsidies, agricultural research and conservation should apply equally to aquaponics as to traditional soil agriculture", the letter says.
"Aquaponic growers around the world have proven that we can provide the freshest, healthiest produce in any environment with the fewest resources. We employ water-based, recirculating systems of fish, plants and bacteria to produce vegetables, fruits and fish (edible or ornamental).
"In every state across the country, aquaponic growers are supplying markets and restaurants; growing for their own diet; teaching STEM education; and contributing to sustainability research."
Click here to read the full letter.
Publication date: 2/2/2018
Other news in this sector: