- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- ”Fresh Business Expo proven to be effective platform for Ukraine's fresh produce industry”
- Flemish Minister completes internship at Antwerp tomato company
- Australia: Strawberries found with sewing needles inside
- Biggest greenhouse in Siberia for sale
- UK researchers make important finding in plant disease resistance
Top 5 -last week
Research call on improving seed systems in Asia and Africa
In many LMICs, getting improved seed and animal seed stock of good quality from breeders to smallholder and family farms is challenging. While good improved genetic material may be available in particular public research institutes including the CGIAR institutes and National Agricultural Research Systems (NARS), due to limitations in the seed and animal seed stock value chains and the enabling environment, improved varieties and breeds will often not or not easily be available or accessible for smallholder and family farms in LMICs.
The call for proposals
The call builds on the premise that development of the seed sector may benefit from research collaboration between practitioners and research institutions from CGIAR, the Netherlands and selected partner countries. New insights and innovative solutions may evolve from synthesising academic expertise, farmers’ experiences and knowledge, as well as the practical knowledge of companies and NGOs working within the seed sector and its value chains.
Click here for more information.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/16/2018 The challenge to improve crops in a changing world
- 10/12/2018 De Ruiter Experience Center welcomes 2018th visitor of 2018
- 10/12/2018 Support crop conservation... while playing board games
- 10/11/2018 CAN (ON): Testing, Testing, TOV
- 10/10/2018 "Responsible work in a great team"
- 10/09/2018 Research seeks more productive tomato for southeast Turkey
- 10/09/2018 The Gemini basil: an alternative from Sais
- 10/05/2018 Closer planting, a crispy bite and trio cultivation in lettuce
- 10/05/2018 Knox and Knox Core Product of the Year at Polish Fresh Market
- 10/05/2018 ‘Turbocharging’ photosynthesis increases plant biomass
- 10/05/2018 "Mendel was actually looking for innovative crops"
- 10/04/2018 "Only seeds that have commercial value remain"
- 10/04/2018 Siberian scientists are breeding a new black tomato
- 10/04/2018 "Small steps forward: particularly large vegetables offer opportunities"
- 10/03/2018 US: An introduction to Rutgers downy mildew resistant sweet basils
- 10/03/2018 "Super-tomato shows what plant scientists can do"
- 10/02/2018 CRISPR could bring groundcherries to market
- 10/01/2018 ASTA welcomes new Sr. Director, International Programs & Policy
- 09/28/2018 The Netherlands: new blue, or rather, green zone?
- 09/26/2018 How do plant cells know in which direction to divide?