- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Lead Auditor
- General Manager Australia
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Сhief agronomist
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
Top 5 -yesterday
- US (CA): Managing organic production systems to promote plant health
- Plan 2020: King Courgette guarantees that 100% of the energy used in its facilities is green
- AU: "Kumato proving to be a major hit with consumers"
- Two new hires for Nogales grower
- US (NV): Aquaponics farm increases tomato yields by 20% with new lighting
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Plantalyzer enables accurate estimation of tomato harvest
The Plantalyzer uses special cameras to measure the bottom two to three, leaf-free, hanging trusses. The system maps the trusses per stem, the number of fruits per truss and the colour of each fruit. The Plantalyzer thus provides insight into numbers and colour stages. Linking this information to practical data from the greenhouse makes an accurate estimation of the harvest possible.
As Andreas Hofland, General Manager HortiKey tells us, 'With the Plantalyzer the grower gets a better grip on his business. The Plantalyzer is able to measure large areas of tomatoes, counting both quantity and maturity. The system does that tirelessly every day, and always in exactly the same way.' The Plantalyzer works fully automatically, and the images are made and analysed on the spot. The system then displays the results on the grower's screen.
Processing the latest technology
The system runs completely autonomously, without induction. The Plantalyzer is equipped with the Greenhouse Positioning System, so that it always knows the location. Thanks to this latest technology from Berg Hortimotive, the grower gets clear insight into the stock of tomatoes at each specific location in the greenhouse. The Plantalyzer also uses BergDrive, the new operating system that coordinates all logistics movements in the company.
Visitors to Fruit Logistica 2018 in Berlin can meet the innovative Plantalyzer for the first time at the Steenks Service and Berg Hortimotive stand (Hall 4.1 stand B11). The system's official launch will be during a symposium at GreenTech, which takes place in Amsterdam in June of this year.
For more information:
Burg. Crezeelaan 42a
2678 KZ De Lier
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 02/28/2018 Birmingham exhibition Packaging Innovations started today
- 02/27/2018 Ethiopia: HortiFlora Expo 2018 cancelled
- 02/26/2018 China: Which exhibitions to attend in 2018?
- 02/23/2018 "Minimal labor needed for new tomato"
- 02/22/2018 US (OH): CropKing welcomes 5-Day Intensive Workshop participants
- 02/21/2018 "NL: "Cucumber variety Sumapol is the new standard"
- 02/20/2018 Australia: BerryQuest explores industry solutions
- 02/19/2018 HortiContact about to kick off in Netherlands
- 02/16/2018 Adora tomato takes silver at Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards
- 02/15/2018 Special exhibition at Biofach for plant breeding
- 02/14/2018 19th China International Fertilizer Show coming up
- 02/13/2018 Nelson and Pade co-founder to speak at Seeds and Chips
- 02/12/2018 Evergreen Farm wins GFIA award
- 02/09/2018 "HortiFlora Expo Ethiopia much more diversified this year"
- 02/08/2018 Spanish company launches tomato specialty varieties
- 02/07/2018 Meet & Greet with Masterchef and General Practitioner
- 02/06/2018 Indoor Farms of America upgrades container farm design
- 02/05/2018 Italy: Orticoltura tecnica in campo event
- 02/05/2018 Ethiopia present for the first time at Fruit Logistica
- 02/02/2018 Meet the Westland Team at Fruit Logistica