Job offersmore »
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
- Sales Area Managers - Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, Portugal
- Chief Operations Officer - Deerfield (MA) USA
- LED strategic account manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
No problems expected for export tomatoes to Russia in 2018
Azerbaijan may grant subsidies for tomato exportThe Chairman of Azerbaijan’s State Customs Committee, Aydin Aliyev, addressing a conference on the “The State Program on socio-economic development of the regions of the Republic of Azerbaijan in 2014-2018” in Baku, on January 29, proclaimed he expected no problems concerning the export of tomatoes to Russia in 2018
In 2017, Azerbaijan was accused by Russian officials of re-exporting the embargoed Turkish tomatoes to Russia. But these unjust accusations had been disproven, according to Aliyev.
So in 2018 there should be no serious problems with the export of tomatoes to Russia, and if problems should arise, the Customs Committee will be ready to solve them.
Recently, President IIham Aliyev, opened a new greenhouse in Baku Agropark, which covers 11 hectares for the cultivation of tomatoes. The first phase of this tomato greenhouse project in Azerbaijan was started by the Dutch greenhouse construction company, Debets Schalke on December 2016. Last July, this project was completed and cultivation started.
According to an azernews article, tomatoes were the main (non-oil) export product of 2017; the total volume of purchases on foreign markets amounted to $ 151.6 million.
Publication date: 1/31/2018
Other news in this sector: