Job offersmore »
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Rwandan horticulture exporter gets GlobalGAP certificationLocal Rwandan horticulture exporter, Nature Fresh Foods export has received the global certification for meeting agricultural best practices and standards. Sporting the GlobalGAP certification, this firm will now find it easier to export its produce across the world without any limitations. It is the second Rwandan horticulture firm to receive the certification.
Without such reassurance, farmers and exporters may be denied access to some markets, said Ben Mugisha, founder and CEO of Nature Fresh Foods. For any firm that wants to engage in global horticulture trade, the certification is a must-have, he claimed, adding that the certification will give them a competitive advantage, enabling the company to penetrate more international markets.
According to a newtimes.co.rw article, Nature Fresh Foods is one of Rwanda’s main exporters of horticulture products, exporting to the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, France and Belgium. “Previously, when we didn’t have this standards certification, the company was always struggling to get reliable customers,” Mugisha said after receiving the certificate.
Of the vegetables processed and exported by Nature Fresh Foods, three products were certified – beans, chillies and aubergine grown at a farm in Bugesera District.
Publication date: 1/31/2018
Other news in this sector: