Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- "Easier to clean and lasting longer than polystyrene"
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
Exchange ratesmore »
Photo Report IPM Essen
Starting as an event for the tree nursery business, the IPM Essen has now been mostly taken over by breeders, cut flower growers and tech companies. With 1,600 exhibitors, it is one of the biggest events on the floriculture calendar, and the over 400 horticultural suppliers play a big role in the character of the exhibition. The IPM concluded last Friday and today we'll show you the photo report.
Besides tons of exhibitors with plants, flowers, decoration, pots and starting material, the IPM every year is filled with a large number of technology suppliers in construction, lighting, climate control, crop protection and growing media, and other growing supplies. Thanks to this great collection, tech hall 3 has been glutted by participants and companies have been known to be on the waiting list for a couple of years before they can enter the coveted area.
Interestingly enough this doesn't bode well for the quality of the exhibition in hall 3. While breeders and growers create novelties continuously, the amount of 'NEW' signs in the technique halls 3 and 7 weren't that easy to find. Of course the LED and Vertical Farm suppliers brought out shiny products, but other than that the amount of innovative products and designs was pretty low.
Hall 3 is a fine place to be as always and you won't get bored if you walk around there, but you won't be surprised either. Interestingly enough tech hall 7.0 - seen long as 2nd best, but for newbies the only place to start - could make up for this a little. Maybe the renewing of the building - currently the Messe Essen is under renovation - will also bring an opportunity for a bit of fresh air in the IPM Tech Halls.
Of course we will tell you all about the novelties that were presented in the next couple of days - but let's start with some photos!
Our colleagues of FloralDaily were on the show as well - they visited all growers, breeders and traders. Check out their report here!
Other news in this sector: