- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
US (NY): Soil health enhances high-tunnel tomato production
“Learning about soil health to enhance our high-tunnel tomato production impacted the entire farm,” says Chad Kirby, who operates the fifth-generation business with his parents Tim and Linda along with sister Stacey. The farm grows more than 25 different fruit and vegetable crops.
“We now use foliar testing to manage high tunnel tomatoes and field-grown tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, and zucchini,” Kirby adds. Working alongside Cornell Extension Vegetable Specialist Judson Reid and Research Technician Cordelia Machanoff, he learned to collect and submit foliar samples to a lab for testing. Now, he also knows how to interpret reports of foliar-level macro and micronutrients crucial for healthy crops.
Read more at the American Agriculturist (Kara Lynn Dunn)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/19/2018 Dutch tomato grower sentenced to fine of 75,000 euros for fatal elevator incident
- 10/19/2018 Greenhouse grower to offer taste-tests "behind closed doors" at PMA
- 10/18/2018 Dutch delegation visits vegetable farm in Rwanda
- 10/17/2018 Australian agriculture groups join together to voice concerns over harvest workforce plans
- 10/16/2018 South Africa: "The extent of farm attacks must be internationally recognized"
- 10/16/2018 Greenhouse vegetable grower to launch seven products at PMA
- 10/16/2018 “South African farmers need security of land and assets”
- 10/16/2018 US (AZ): Chef partners with local grower
- 10/15/2018 Italy: "Hydroponic cultivation lowers disease risk"
- 10/15/2018 Sarah Dressel: New Paltz woman is a vibrant symbol of farming’s future
- 10/15/2018 Italy: the fennel campaign has started in Emilia-Romagna
- 10/15/2018 “Watercress power food for all seasons”
- 10/15/2018 US (NV): Aquaponics farm increases tomato yields by 20% with new lighting
- 10/12/2018 Canada: Opportunity Scholarships awarded to students pursuing education in agriculture and food-related fields
- 10/12/2018 Cees and Nynke Groenewegen grow 25 tomato varieties in Sweden
- 10/11/2018 Canada: Winners announced of 2018-19 ASPB Conviron Scholars Program
- 10/11/2018 Malaysia: Three friends supply fresh veggies thanks to NFT
- 10/10/2018 “I care about Dutch product a great deal”
- 10/10/2018 Serbia arrests 36 for alleged smuggling of EU fruit to Russia
- 10/10/2018 Can the Russian greenhouse industry overcome challenges?