Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
- Pythium root rot on hydroponically grown basil and spinach
Exchange ratesmore »
Maricann to acquire Swiss MMJ grower HaxxonMaricann announces a non-binding term sheet for the proposed acquisition of all outstanding shares of Haxxon for an aggregate purchase price of CHF 8,000,000, of which CHF 2,000,000 will be payable in cash and the remainder in common stock of the Company at the 20-day vwap prior to closing. The arrangement provides Maricann a period of exclusivity to allow the company to complete the necessary due diligence and enter into a binding definitive agreement.
Haxxon is based in Regensdorf, Switzerland; an industrial suburb of Zurich located less than 5 minutes from the airport. Haxxon operates in a 60,000 sq. ft. facility where it cultivates female hemp cannabis flowers, with less than 1% THC to the European market. Current production is 2,210 kg of dried cannabis flower with costs of CHF 650/kg and realized selling prices of CHF 2,600 to CHF 3,500, with higher prices paid for less THC.
The acquisition of Haxxon, if completed, will allow Maricann to produce cannabis flowers in Switzerland which would then be manufactured into finished products. These products would include cannabis vape cartridges, cannabis pre-roll cigarettes with no tobacco, unlike other current offerings, and CBD isolates in the form of finished dose pharmaceuticals, including VesiSorb capsules.
The transaction is subject to completion of due diligence, the entering into definitive binding documentation and receipt of all necessary approvals. The transaction is targeted to close by March 30, 2018.
For more information:
Publication date: 1/26/2018
Other news in this sector: