Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
CAN (BC): Pepper grower benefits from online coursePepper grower Heidi Balla from Bakerview Greenhouses in Abbotsford BC, Canada is the first student who has finished the online course launched recently by Vortus Greenhouse Consultants.
Tineke Goebertus handing Heidi Balla her certificate
This course is called "From analysis to recipe" and is especially designed for people who work with plants growing on substrates and have to make regular decisions about fertilizer recipes.
It will help you better understand how plants grow. This will result in a better plant health and fruit quality. Students will learn useful things about:
- How to analyze the feed and the drain
- How to read the reports of these analyses
- Which essential elements each of the different fertilizers contribute
- The different targets for peppers, tomatoes, and cucumbers and
- When and how to amend the fertilizer recipe
The course is now open not only to Vortus customers, but to everyone interested. It is an individual e-learning that can be taken in your own environment at your own pace.
Individual support is available and questions can be asked using the learning platform. The course will take about 4 hours to complete.
Upon completion you will receive a certificate of achievement and you will be able to make your own fertilizer recipe and adjust it for your own crop.
If you are interested in following this course, contact Tineke Goebertus at email@example.com for more information on how to get started.
Publication date: 1/26/2018
Other news in this sector: