Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
- Pythium root rot on hydroponically grown basil and spinach
Exchange ratesmore »
India: Government sponsored transport for organic produce in Sikkim stateSikkim Chief Minister Pawan Kumar Chamling said that, in each assembly constituency, the state government would provide a vehicle for the transport of fresh organic produce to the markets.
This decision is aimed at mitigating future shortages of fruit and vegetables in the market, as imports of non-organic produce from outside Sikkim will be banned from April 1st, 2018.
Outlook India reported on opposition parties having raised concerns over the likely shortages and the ensuing effects on the prices of the agricultural products.
The promise of government sponsored vehicles would help Sikkim become a self-sufficient and self-reliant state in the agriculture and horticulture sectors.
Publication date: 1/25/2018
Other news in this sector: