- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Lead Auditor
- General Manager Australia
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Сhief agronomist
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Taipei nutritionist dispels online rumours
"Tomatoes safe to eat on empty stomach"
In reality, eating tomatoes offers many health benefits, Chen said. Every 100 grams of cherry tomatoes has 1.5 g of dietary fiber, 609.8 mg of vitamin A, 3.65 mg of beta-carotene, 49.9 mg of vitamin C, 200 mg of potassium and only 35 calories.
The Taipei Times learned that tomatoes contain the antioxidant lycopene, a cancer-preventative phytonutrient that can help dissolve fatty substances in the body, she said, adding that lycopene is easily absorbed by the body.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/12/2018 Tomatoes could hold the key for infertility problems
- 09/07/2018 ‘French Fries: No. 1 vegetable toddlers consume’
- 09/06/2018 US: Kansas church dinner - tomatoes and Salmonella
- 09/05/2018 New 'superfood' salad by Californian producer
- 08/30/2018 Urban food security in the context of inequality and dietary change
- 08/29/2018 Bees are becoming ‘addicted’ to pesticides blamed for killing them
- 08/28/2018 "Agriculture must battle chronic disease"
- 08/21/2018 Strawberries may help against inflammatory bowel disease
- 08/17/2018 Chemicals found in vegetables prevent colon cancer in mice
- 08/17/2018 Scurvy makes comeback in the West
- 08/16/2018 Fewer than 1 in 10 Australians eats enough vegetables
- 08/10/2018 US (IL): University researches health benefits of heirloom tomatoes
- 08/09/2018 Videogame-strategy used to get children eating more fruit and veggies
- 08/09/2018 Food Bank using 'veggie meter' to encourage healthy eating
- 07/16/2018 Allergy potential of strawberries and tomatoes depends on the variety
- 07/12/2018 US (OH): Creating incentives for better food choices
- 07/10/2018 "School food policies have potential to improve health"
- 06/28/2018 EU: Call for best practices on healthy and sustainable food systems
- 06/19/2018 CAN (QC): Father sentenced over uneaten vegetables
- 05/18/2018 More than 100 types of herbs, throughout the year