- Product Manager / Concept Manager - Verspakketten - Ridderkerk
- District sales manager - British Columbia and Alberta, Canada
- Grower - Carlisle, Pa. USA
- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- Video: Take a look inside Scotland's biggest vertical farm
- Argentina: Tomato producers denounce obstacles to export to Paraguay
- "Ultra-wide LED spectrum benefits chemical expression in cannabis"
- Sarah Dressel: New Paltz woman is a vibrant symbol of farming’s future
- Bell pepper year round with LED or Hybrid Lighting
Aurora completes acquisition of CanniMed
The total consideration for CanniMed under the New Offer is approximately $1.1 billion based on Aurora's implied share price of $12.65. The maximum amount of cash available under the amended offer will be $140 million, and the number of Aurora shares to be issued will be between approximately 72 million (assuming full cash elections) and 84 million (assuming full share elections and no cash elections).
Termination of Newstrike arrangement agreement
In connection with the New Offer, CanniMed has entered into a termination agreement with Newstrike, terminating the arrangement agreement between Newstrike and CanniMed, resulting in the payment of a $9.5 million break fee paid to Newstrike. As a result, the CanniMed shareholder meeting originally scheduled for January 23, 2018 and adjourned to January 25, 2018 has been cancelled.
"We are very pleased to have come to terms with CanniMed on this powerful strategic combination that will establish a best-in-class cannabis company with operations across Canada and around the world," said Terry Booth, CEO of Aurora. "Market recognition of Aurora's continued performance and strategy execution since we first announced our intention to acquire CanniMed allows us to share that benefit directly with CanniMed shareholders by increasing the offer price, as well as by offering a cash component. The amended offer includes value certainty and represents a full, compelling and immediate 75% premium over CanniMed's 20-day average price ending January 17, 2018, the day prior to CanniMed and Aurora disclosing they were in discussions. Aurora now invites CanniMed shareholders to share in Aurora's ongoing growth, as we continue to create superior shareholder value, by joining with the CanniMed Board of Directors and tendering their shares to our amended offer."
Brent Zettl, President and CEO of CanniMed, added, "A testament to the great team at CanniMed, this transaction clearly confirms that the Company has been highly successful in becoming a preeminent global leader in the medical cannabis industry. In this leadership position, CanniMed has provided invaluable education, resources, support and relief of symptoms for thousands of patients served around the globe."
"This is an excellent outcome for both Aurora's and CanniMed's shareholders after a hard-fought and diligently negotiated process," said Cam Battley, Aurora's Chief Corporate Officer. "We now look forward to warmly welcoming CanniMed's employees and forging one unified team. Together, under the Aurora banner we'll continue to invest in domestic and international growth, and continue executing on our strategy of building the most dynamic, innovative integrated cannabis company in the world."
For more information:
P.O. Box 209
Cremona, AB. T0M0R0
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/19/2018 The Star Group not getting lost in the weed(s)
- 10/19/2018 Google announces $900,000 grant to train Kenyan farmers
- 10/19/2018 Canada: Whole Leaf to come under new leadership
- 10/19/2018 DowDuPont takes another step in Corteva Agriscience spin-off
- 10/18/2018 US: Sugarmade acquires hydroponics supplier Sky Unlimited
- 10/18/2018 Italy: Cefla Group adds dedicated Lighting division
- 10/17/2018 Spain: Nazca private equity becomes majority shareholder of aromatic herbs company
- 10/17/2018 South Africa: Woolworths called out for ‘organics’ claim
- 10/17/2018 Europe’s largest retailer teams up with IBM
- 10/17/2018 North Carolina indoor city farm nears completion of Phase 1
- 10/17/2018 Toni Bucci joins AgBiome Innovations team
- 10/16/2018 Argentina: Tomato producers denounce obstacles to export to Paraguay
- 10/15/2018 Peruvian company Virú acquires pepper distributor in Spain
- 10/15/2018 Two new hires for Nogales grower
- 10/15/2018 Sainsbury’s UK: 'Brussels sprouts' and 'pigs in blankets' flavoured teas
- 10/15/2018 ‘Meicai’ app funding round generates more than $600 million
- 10/15/2018 100th anniversary celebrated by setting a world record
- 10/15/2018 Hatenboer-Water appoints two new managers
- 10/12/2018 New tomato brand to be launched December 2018 in Western U.S.
- 10/12/2018 Chambers bolsters partner grower network to strengthen year-round berry offering