Job offersmore »
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
Top 5 - yesterday
- "Vine-ripened tomatoes are a very neat sales gimmick"
- US: Controlled environment agriculture experiencing rapid growth
- CAN (NB): Extreme flood causes plants in nursery to swim
- New sensors and forecasting algorithms for smart agriculture
- "The reintroduction of industrial hemp is in full swing worldwide"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Nigeria: Farm implements for 100 tomato growers in DauraKatsina Fadama III agricultural initiative says it will supply farm implements to 100 tomato farmers in Daura in a bid to boost commercial production of tomato in the state.
Alhaji Bashir Zango, the state Fadama Programme Coordinator, made this known on Wednesday, at the distribution of the implements to deserving farmers in Daura.
He said the programme was organised in collaboration with the state government to ensure early procurement and distribution of farm implements to farmers.
Zango said the beneficiaries were drawn from the 10 registered tomato growers associations in the area.
“We will in due course expand the scope to accommodate more farmers who have interest in the programme,’’ he said.
Zango said the implements include 300 bags of fertiliser, 30 insecticides sprayers, 30 water pumping machines and 1,000 water pipes for channeling water into the farms.
Read more at Pulse
Publication date: 1/26/2018
Other news in this sector: