- General Manager Australia
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Сhief agronomist
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
- Highly Experienced Agribusiness Professional now Available
- International Business student looking for an internship
- Responsable des cultures en pleine terre pour le nord de la France - Northern France
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
UK: AHDB provides information for strawberry growers
First of all there's the factsheet, Tarsonemid mite on strawberry. This factsheet offers guidance on the biology and control of tarsonemid mite in strawberry. It provides helpful information on cultural control as well as biological and chemical control options including introduction rates of predatory mites.
With the report Understanding energy influences for UK soft fruit production, soft fruit growers can use lessons learned in the high temperature greenhouse sector to improve control over climatic conditions and reduce energy costs whilst maintaining crop quality and output.
Finally, they've posted a summary of the International Strawberry Congress. As well as commissioning research and development projects, AHDB aims to provide growers with information on best practice and new information emanating from sources outside of the AHDB. Conferences and symposia are typical such sources and the 2017 International Strawberry Congress offered a significant volume of information that could be useful to UK strawberry growers. AHDB therefore commissioned staff from NIAB EMR (who participated in the congress) to provide this summary report on key information presented at this event.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/11/2018 "Make growing easier with fewer drawbacks"
- 10/11/2018 UK: Sharing is caring with Next Generation Growing (NGG) techniques
- 10/11/2018 Netherlands: Demonstration fossil-free tomato cultivation begins
- 10/11/2018 Plant Empowerment book officially launched at CGC
- 10/09/2018 Grant recipients to study produce and bee pollination
- 10/03/2018 Turkey: Growers recoup their losses with zucchini production
- 10/01/2018 Imaginative Chinese statue: Rooster made out of peppers and corn
- 10/01/2018 Turkey: Grower in Antalya switches from tomato and pepper to dragon fruit
- 10/01/2018 "Empower your plants and your business"
- 09/27/2018 ‘2018 is one of the hardest growing seasons ever’
- 09/26/2018 US: Fredericton sees giant 1,808-pound pumpkin
- 09/25/2018 Shout-out to the bell pepper
- 09/24/2018 UK: Optimising flavour in parsley and rosemary
- 09/24/2018 Grapes and algae - China's new weapons against desertification
- 09/24/2018 UK: Optimising flavour in mint
- 09/24/2018 Saving the prized chile that grows only in Oaxaca’s mountains
- 09/24/2018 Kim Jong Un presents South Korea with two tons of Pine mushrooms
- 09/21/2018 Growers in autonomous cucumber greenhouse are doing well
- 09/21/2018 How to minimize downtime between hydroponic crop cycles
- 09/20/2018 UK: Optimising flavour in chives