Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
- Pythium root rot on hydroponically grown basil and spinach
Exchange ratesmore »
New device that prevents load in pallet trucks from fallingA protective device for moving pallets has just been launched into the market; a practical and affordable solution that will allow operators to move pallets across a warehouse or wholesale market without them having the slightest chance of falling.
The device relies on a manually operated mechanism that has the capacity to secure and stabilise the load on the corresponding pallet and ensure a safe transfer of the same.
"There is a wide range of means for the handling and transfer of cargo pallets, such as the classic electric pallet trucks or forklifts, as well as other manual mechanisms. In any of these cases, the pallet with the load is lifted by a pair of lifting bars that are inserted into the pallet, so that the load is not subjected to any type of lateral support. As a result, the load may oscillate or fall due to the inertias taking place while it's moving. Consequently, it would be desirable to laterally secure the load transported in the pallets, and to do so with means fitting the load's lateral dimensions," explains Carlos Margalef.
The device invented by Carlos Margalef has been conceived to solve this problem and is based on a simple, but highly effective structure. It reduces the time necessary to move pallets and avoids the need for help from third parties during the transfer to secure the load laterally, avoiding the danger that this entails.
"I developed this system for me at first, since as a worker in the sector I see that pallet dropping is very frequent, and it is a real nuisance, as well as dangerous. Seeing that it works perfectly, I decided to patent it, and soon it will be produced in a large-scale," he explains.
For more information:
T: +34 654 33 40 63
Publication date: 1/24/2018
Other news in this sector: