- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
- Product Manager / Concept Manager - Verspakketten - Ridderkerk
- District sales manager - British Columbia and Alberta, Canada
- Grower - Carlisle, Pa. USA
- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
US (ND): Lettuce grower switches from open field to greenhouse
“I thought, ‘Why can’t we do something year-round?’ And that’s when I went to Jodi,” said Schumacker, 62, of Fullerton, N.D.
That would be Jodi Bruns at the North Dakota State University Extension office in Ellendale. She and others at the office helped Schumacker develop Larry’s Lettuce, which has a growing system capable of producing more than 3,000 lettuce plants every 30 to 35 days.
On Jan. 15, Schumacker had over 3,000 plants germinating and waiting to be planted in his metal building. There, the plants thrive in a warm, controlled environment that heats up under fluorescent lighting.
Schumacker hopes to also start growing in a newly constructed greenhouse, capable of hosting another 3,200 plants, yet this month.
Read more at the Farm Forum (Victoria Lusk)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/23/2018 "Many people still have an ancient tomato farm in mind"
- 10/23/2018 CAN (ON): Basil grower uses light spectrum to improve flavor, fight disease
- 10/23/2018 New documentary series shows how food finds its way to Canadians
- 10/22/2018 "Kivu RZ just loves to produce big tomatoes"
- 10/19/2018 Dutch tomato grower sentenced to fine of 75,000 euros for fatal elevator incident
- 10/19/2018 Greenhouse grower to offer taste-tests "behind closed doors" at PMA
- 10/18/2018 Dutch delegation visits vegetable farm in Rwanda
- 10/17/2018 Australian agriculture groups join together to voice concerns over harvest workforce plans
- 10/16/2018 South Africa: "The extent of farm attacks must be internationally recognized"
- 10/16/2018 Greenhouse vegetable grower to launch seven products at PMA
- 10/16/2018 “South African farmers need security of land and assets”
- 10/16/2018 US (AZ): Chef partners with local grower
- 10/15/2018 Italy: "Hydroponic cultivation lowers disease risk"
- 10/15/2018 Sarah Dressel: New Paltz woman is a vibrant symbol of farming’s future
- 10/15/2018 Italy: the fennel campaign has started in Emilia-Romagna
- 10/15/2018 “Watercress power food for all seasons”
- 10/15/2018 US (NV): Aquaponics farm increases tomato yields by 20% with new lighting
- 10/12/2018 Canada: Opportunity Scholarships awarded to students pursuing education in agriculture and food-related fields
- 10/12/2018 Cees and Nynke Groenewegen grow 25 tomato varieties in Sweden
- 10/11/2018 Canada: Winners announced of 2018-19 ASPB Conviron Scholars Program