Job offersmore »
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
- Pythium root rot on hydroponically grown basil and spinach
Exchange ratesmore »
CAN (PE): New tech for organic grower thanks to government fundingWayne Easter, Member of Parliament for Malpeque, on behalf of Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development and Minister responsible for the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA), announced funding for the next phase of development at Atlantic Grown Organics.
A repayable contribution of $238,007, provided through ACOA’s Business Development Program, is enabling the company to expand its facility and purchase automated grading and packaging equipment.
This investment builds on commitments made by the Government of Canada and the four Atlantic provinces to drive economic growth in the region through the Atlantic Growth Strategy. The strategy supports strategic investments in initiatives that build on the region’s competitive advantages, such as its thriving agriculture industry, strong export potential, growing innovation network, and skilled workforce.
“Food producers in Canada continue to show leadership in business, bringing innovative solutions to a changing market. We are recognized globally for the quality and safety standards of our agriculture industry. The Government of Canada is pleased to invest in these essential job creators - the many farmers, producers and processors whose passion for the industry helps fuel the economy”, Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development and Minister responsible for ACOA, said.
“Throughout the years, Atlantic Grown Organics has demonstrated a knack for reading market trends and adapting. They have developed an excellent reputation with customers, and are continually looking for new products and new approaches to serve the organic market. This kind of forward thinking is essential to maintaining and growing a vibrant economy in rural PEI”, Wayne Easter, Member of Parliament for Malpeque, added.
“The growing consumer desire for organic vegetables enabled our business to grow and this investment will help us keep up with those demands. This equipment will help support our employees and allow us to select exactly the tomato or pepper that our customer wants”, Marc and Krista Schurman, Owners, Atlantic Grown Organics responded.
For more information:
Publication date: 1/25/2018
Other news in this sector: