Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- "Easier to clean and lasting longer than polystyrene"
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
Exchange ratesmore »
Tony Bundock starts training company Genesis Horticultural Solutions
AU: "Getting more from your system, straight from the commissioning stage"
Australian industry identity and Priva NL endorsed trainer, Tony Bundock, has recently launched Genesis Horticultural Solutions, a company that specialises in delivering training for current and future users of Priva climate control and irrigation systems.
With a strong background in commercial horticulture and training, Tony is addressing a need to develop training options for growers, and especially those using Priva climate and irrigation systems.
According to Tony, “Whilst the industry is always keen to adopt technology, generally these systems are installed and commissioned, and then technicians give basic training. My experience has been that while the systems are operating to an acceptable level, growers tend not to try and actively enhance the performance of their systems”.
“Most operators of these systems fall in the category of 'knowing what they know, but not knowing what they don't know'. This is where I see the potential to assist growers to enable them to get more from their systems straight from the commissioning stage. There are many features within the Priva control systems that growers just do not realise exist, and we can help them utilise these great features to improve their growing strategies,” said Tony.
With years of Priva experience as both a grower and trainer, Tony is able to supply this knowledge transfer to growers so that they can obtain better performance from their systems, reduce wastage in terms of energy and fertiliser use, and also increase their bottom lines by increased production.
The training can be delivered either at the production site, or ‘at remotely’ via applications such as ‘Team Viewer and Logmein’.
Tony is also developing a Priva End User accreditation system. “Within Australia and New Zealand, there are a large number of existing Priva users who have knowledge and experience, but no quantifiable way of having these skills recognised”’ said Tony.
To meet this need, Tony is developing an “on line” assessment program that will allow growers to firstly undertake refresher training, and then complete an assessment to have their skills formally recognised.
The process will see all participants undertaking the 'Basic' course, and then they can progress from levels 1 to 3 in Climate, Irrigation and Energy use. There is also a specific stream for the dynamic berry market.
“My intent is to create a system that will be adopted by growers, and will act as an “Industry Passport” so that individuals can have a pathway for training as well as proof of skills acquisition”, said Tony.
The online accreditation system will be going ‘live’ in March of this year.
For further details on the services available:
Genesis Horticultural Solutions
Ph: +61 409 007 610
Web site: www.genesis-hort.com.au
Publication date: 1/17/2018
Other news in this sector: