Job offersmore »
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
- Pythium root rot on hydroponically grown basil and spinach
Exchange ratesmore »
"Fruit Fly Attractant the best luring substance to combat Drosophila suzukii"Koppert's Fruit Fly Attractant, for use in the Koppert Drososan trap, is the most effective luring substance for combating this harmful fruit fly. This was the finding of a study by pcfruit, the Belgian centre of excellence in fruit research.
The centre examined five different products including Fruit Fly Attractant. The research showed that Koppert’s Fruit Fly Attractant offers the most effective control of Drosophila suzukii. Fruit Fly Attractant lures both the males and females of this fruit fly, which originates from southeast Asia. Fruit Fly Attractant allows fruit growers to considerably reduce the infestation level. That is important as chemical agents barely have any effect on Drosophila suzukii. At the same time, this fruit fly represents an increasing threat to various fruit crops throughout Europe. After all, in contrast with other fruit flies, Drosophila suzukii lays its eggs in both ripe and unripe fruit.
Preventative and curative
Growers can also use Fruit Fly Attractant and the Drososan trap in order to detect the presence of the fruit fly and to monitor the situation, thus providing insight into the infestation level. Moreover, Fruit Fly Attractant can be used both preventatively and curatively.
The Drososan trap has been specifically designed to combat the Drosophila suzukii fruit fly. The trap is red, which is the colour that strongly attracts the fruit fly. In addition, the opening of the trap is designed in such a way as to ensure that pollinators are not captured. Research carried out by the Universitat Politècnica de València (Polytechnic University of Valencia) has already revealed that the Drososan trap is more effective than standard traps.
For more information:
Koppert Biological Systems
Publication date: 1/18/2018
Other news in this sector: