Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- "Easier to clean and lasting longer than polystyrene"
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
Exchange ratesmore »
Italy: Challenges for the professional fresh produce market"The weather is strongly affecting the single crops. While 3-day weather forecasts are extremely precise, they can't be for 3-6 months, which is the average period between sowing and harvesting."
ESASEM company managers also added that: "an important objective of our research is to supply products that adapt to temperature/water changes. However, all living beings are stressed in extreme situations. A wise choice to make is to diversify varieties and cultivation periods also thanks to protected crops. This way, the turnover is guaranteed despite the fact that productivity is not maximised."
ESASEM reached all the objectives it had set for 2017. "However, some species suffered domestic production problems (industry tomatoes), while other increased their perspectives as regards both domestic consumption and international commercialisation (broccoli)."
ESASEM's work has led to the creation of high-performance varieties with excellent flavour and genetic resistances.
"The challenge is being able to position the single products and find the right place for them on a rather static market where the range of products available is already wide. The industry tomato market is still uncertain as the single producers who used to be the main actors seem to have become mere spectators."
ESASEM will attend Fruit Logistica 2018 with a 35 sq m stand in Hall 1.1 Stand A-14.
International clients will be welcomed by export manager Alessandro Belardinelli and Product Developers Jesus Ariza Urbano & Simon Gartnar.
Italian clients will be welcomed by area manager Franco Da Re and other agents.
ESASEM printed a new catalogue for the Berlin fair and is ready to celebrate its 30th anniversary. Its "il seme della ricerca" claim (i.e. 'the seed of research') summarises the company mission - the search for new varieties that can innovate and help the professional fresh produce market grow.
The produce obtained exalts Italian flavours while at the same time guaranteeing a long shelf-life. The company supports producers with varieties that have a wide range of resistances and genetic tolerances.
For further information and to require a copy of the catalogue:
via G.Marconi, 56
37052 Casaleone (VR)
Tel.: +39 (0)442 331600
Fax: +39 (0)442 330854
Publication date: 1/18/2018
Other news in this sector: