Job offersmore »
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Spanish-French-Italian contact groups talk tomatoes, strawberriesThe Spanish-French-Italian tomato and strawberry contact groups will meet next February in Spain to analyse the results of the 2017 campaigns and the forecasts for this year, among other issues.
The contact groups are made up of representatives of the producers and the administrations of France, Spain and Italy and hold regular meetings, on an annual basis in most cases. Meetings of groups for other products, such as peaches and nectarines and pears and apples, among others, are planned for later in the year. FEPEX and the representatives of the integrated associations have participated in all contact group meetings held since their establishment.
The results of the specific groups are transferred to the plenary of the Joint Committee, which formalises the decisions made regarding joint agreements or initiatives to be launched. Along with those already mentioned, specific groups for garlic and citrus fruits have also been recently set up. There have also been some new multi-sector groups, such as that devoted to Plant Health.
The tomato and strawberry contact group meetings, which will be the first to be held this year, were also the first to be created in the framework of the Spanish-French Mixed Committee; a committee that celebrated its 20th anniversary last December and which has consolidated as an important forum for dialogue and cooperation between both countries, and which was joined by Italy in 2011.
Publication date: 1/19/2018
Other news in this sector: