Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
- Pythium root rot on hydroponically grown basil and spinach
Exchange ratesmore »
Spanish-French-Italian contact groups talk tomatoes, strawberriesThe Spanish-French-Italian tomato and strawberry contact groups will meet next February in Spain to analyse the results of the 2017 campaigns and the forecasts for this year, among other issues.
The contact groups are made up of representatives of the producers and the administrations of France, Spain and Italy and hold regular meetings, on an annual basis in most cases. Meetings of groups for other products, such as peaches and nectarines and pears and apples, among others, are planned for later in the year. FEPEX and the representatives of the integrated associations have participated in all contact group meetings held since their establishment.
The results of the specific groups are transferred to the plenary of the Joint Committee, which formalises the decisions made regarding joint agreements or initiatives to be launched. Along with those already mentioned, specific groups for garlic and citrus fruits have also been recently set up. There have also been some new multi-sector groups, such as that devoted to Plant Health.
The tomato and strawberry contact group meetings, which will be the first to be held this year, were also the first to be created in the framework of the Spanish-French Mixed Committee; a committee that celebrated its 20th anniversary last December and which has consolidated as an important forum for dialogue and cooperation between both countries, and which was joined by Italy in 2011.
Publication date: 1/19/2018
Other news in this sector: