- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Canadian marijuana producers go on hiring spree
The workforce is booming, said Alison McMahon, who runs Cannabis At Work, a staffing agency focused on the burgeoning industry.
Right now, she's recruiting for positions in everything from growing and production to sales and marketing, all across the country.
The buzz around Canadian pot is allowing companies to be picky and choose top talent, said Kerri-Lynn McAllister, chief marketing officer at Lift, a company that puts on cannabis events and runs a website sharing marijuana news and reviews.
"Because of all the excitement, it's really an opportunity for companies to pick up the A-players in business or whatever field they're operating in," said McAllister, speaking from first-hand experience.
Successful applicants can expect to make salaries comparable to what similar industries offer, McMahon said. A general growing position would probably make about $50,000 per year, she said, while a director of production could expect around $100,000.
Read more at CTV News (Gemma Karstens-Smith)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/16/2018 St. Vincent hops on the MMJ bandwagon
- 10/16/2018 CAN (ON): How cannabis is transforming the Tomato Capital of Canada
- 10/15/2018 CAN (ON): Aphria destroys batch of marijuana due to lack of qualified workers
- 10/12/2018 CAN (BC): Flowr and Scotts’ Hawthorne break ground on cannabis R&D facility
- 10/12/2018 UK Government legalizes medicinal cannabis
- 10/12/2018 MedMen to acquire PharmaCann for US$682 million
- 10/11/2018 Canopy Growth completes first legal MMJ export from Canada to US
- 10/11/2018 US (MA): AmeriCann releases designs for 345,000 sq.ft. MJ facility
- 10/08/2018 US: Cresco Labs raises $100 million to continue strategic acquisition and growth plans
- 10/08/2018 ICC breaks ground on Colombian Cannabis Centre of Excellence
- 10/05/2018 CAN (BC): Bevo Agro taken over by cannabis grower, changes name to Zenabis
- 10/05/2018 Hemp cultivation reaches new highs... in space
- 10/04/2018 US (CO): Some growers want specific organic cannabis designation
- 10/03/2018 Canada: Hawthorne's cannabis partner Flowr goes public
- 10/03/2018 "CO2 foliar spray leads to 74% increased commercial cannabis bud value"
- 10/02/2018 Canadian cannabis grower leases 87,120 sq.ft. greenhouse in Italy
- 10/01/2018 CAN (BC): $40 million investment for 2,200,000 sq.ft. cannabis greenhouse
- 09/28/2018 Canada: Supreme Cannabis signs $12M guaranteed supply agreement with Tilray
- 09/27/2018 The Great Clone Transfer
- 09/26/2018 Earth Alive welcomes Dave McAdam to develop Dr. Marijane root probiotic