- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Lead Auditor
- General Manager Australia
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Сhief agronomist
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- Early detection of disease resistance in food crops
- CAN: Lawrencetown greenhouse grower diversified into grapes
- Retaining strong position of Westland by means of expansion and accessibility
- CAN (QC): 2,000 square feet of gardens to be added to school
- CAN (SK): Opportunities grow for Creighton container garden
Top 5 -last week
India: Running water grows flowers in aquaponics operation
With assistance provided by the Fish Farmers' Development Agency and the district administration, they have come up with the project.
They have dug four ponds, measuring around 30ft by 15ft with a depth of 5-6ft, where they are farming different species of hatchlings like pabda (Indian catfish), punti (swamp barb), telapia (Indian tilapia), shingi (stinging catfish), magur (walking catfish) and chitol (clown knifefish).
Unlike other ponds where the water is stagnant, the water here, which is mixed with the waste released by fishes, is channelized through pipes, which have holes above. On these pipes, the duo have planted marigold shrubs and flowers are also growing on those pipes.
"Due to presence of nutrients in the water, the flowers are also growing steadily. We are then diverting the water to bed (a flat structure) where the water is flown through pebbles. The water here is getting purified while we have planted vegetables on the bed, which are getting the nutrients," he said.
Read more at The Telegraph
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/16/2018 Urban farming during World War Two
- 10/16/2018 New vertical farming light bar/panel hybrid designed to maximize yields with less space
- 10/12/2018 Grow & Roll with vertical farms
- 10/11/2018 AI does food
- 10/11/2018 US (HI): Researchers help Waimānalo families use aquaponics, improve health
- 10/10/2018 UAE: Dubai South selected as site for Emirates Flight Catering project
- 10/10/2018 US (NJ): Strange-looking hydroponic farm at Forbes College is fully functioning experiment
- 10/10/2018 US (MO): Urban farming organization visualizes franchise model to produce fish and vegetables
- 10/08/2018 US (NY): Future chefs educated in hydroponic garden
- 10/08/2018 US (KS): Professor uses aquaponics to teach sustainability
- 10/08/2018 CAN (ON): DelFrescoPure announces partnership with CubicFarms
- 10/05/2018 Hydroponic farm as furniture
- 10/05/2018 Vertical farming - the reinvention of horticulture?
- 10/05/2018 US (CT): Students work hands-on with data analytics and IoT through aquaponics project
- 10/04/2018 EU invests 2 million euros to raise aquaponics awareness
- 10/04/2018 "Having little space is no longer an excuse"
- 10/04/2018 Be a part of Agrilyst’s annual State of Indoor Report
- 10/03/2018 Trinidad & Tobago: Aquaponic farmers get refresher course
- 10/02/2018 South Africa: Philippi households to get lessons on hydroponics
- 10/02/2018 Fancy staying at an aquaponic hotel?