Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- "Easier to clean and lasting longer than polystyrene"
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
Exchange ratesmore »
"Asian horticulture growing faster than expected"
“Food is the new gold and water is the new oil”; driving investments in horticulture based on the latest technology. The appetite for fresh produce of Asia’s 500 million plus middle class is growing with tremendous prospects for investment. "This contradicts the western misperception of out-dated horticultural technology and solutions", the Horti Asia team explains.
"The acceleration has been faster than anybody expected. The export ambition of the region is for prosperity and currently focuses on the downstream part of the value chain: cold chain, export and quality control delivering fresh produce." Agriculture today represents more than 20% of the country’s GDP.
The market speed and size enables industry champions to avoid competition and to build on their strategic advantage. "This offers the chance to go right, where the competition goes left, but why are most companies still looking to compete? Why aren’t we looking for niches to establish monopolies?"
According to the Horti Asia Team, you can avoid competition by doing the following:
Technology enables you to stay ahead. Would you be able to challenge the market leaders and discard the old, unquestioned solutions? Do you want better and smarter growth?
Scaling is an art! It is a great challenge to balance the speed and control of your business. Do you want solutions for the entire region with affiliates and multipliers? Do you share the same vision?
How important are your beliefs and vision? Are you thinking and acting like a leader? Are you aligning your brand with products you would want to be associated with?
Horti Asia 2018
Join Horti Asia and seize the early bird rate prior to January 12th 2018 to save 20%. (Only 20% discounts remain) “Start building your future and meet new customers, distributors, and dealers (1300+); scale up your business in Asian counties. Secondly, test and involve your ideas and products with the 600 hosted buyers. Drive your business together.”
Publication date: 1/9/2018
Other news in this sector: