Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Dr. Charlie Hall digs deeper into industry's margin structure
US: What's happening to profit margins?Grower input costs like energy, fertilizer, labor, and trucking have risen over the past 10 years, while the prices we charge for plant products havenít necessarily kept up. Compared to 2007, costs have increased by 21.7 percent. As a result, profit margins have slowly been "squeezed", making it harder for green industry businesses to stay in business and compete economically.
Join AmericanHort and our Chief Economist Dr. Charlie Hall in a 4-part video series that will dig deeper into the industry's margin structure, what's happened to it over the past 10 years, and what that means for the future.
These weekly videos and articles will focus on:
- Introduction: Why this project was undertaken and its significance for the industry's future
- Costs and effects of Labor
- Costs and effects of Energy & Fertilizer
- Costs and effects of Logistics & Transportation
- The series ends with a live webinar Q&A with business leaders who participated in the study and have taken the resulting data and insights and made changes within their business. (Webinar participation available to AmericanHort members only).
Click here to sign up to know when a new video is released each week starting January 9, 2018.
For more information:
Other news in this sector: