- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
- Product Manager / Concept Manager - Verspakketten - Ridderkerk
- District sales manager - British Columbia and Alberta, Canada
- Grower - Carlisle, Pa. USA
- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- Mushrooms a weapon in fight against global vitamin D shortage
- Webinar: Latest development in research on LED for cannabis
- Asian vegetable trial to determine market & production viability in Texas
- Israeli cucumbers more expensive due to viruses
- US (IA): Short course on production and management of high tunnel crops
CAN (MB): Aquaponics farm is fuelled by bitcoin mining
The heat generated by those computers, which are verifying bitcoin transactions by solving cryptographic puzzles, helps warm nearby plants in a makeshift greenhouse.
To water the trays filled with lettuce, basil and sprouted barley fodder, Bruce Hardy, the owner of this 20,000-square-foot building in the Rural Municipality of St. Francois Xavier, clicks a button.
A pump waters the plants with waste water from tanks located on the first floor in which around 800 Arctic Char swim and breed. The waste water from the tanks is rich in nitrates, a great fertilizer for the plants upstairs.
It's a complex operation but that's the beauty of it, according to the owner.
"It's all connected, much like Earth," said Hardy, president of Myera Group.
Read more at CBC News (Samantha Samson)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/23/2018 Brunei: Students build and sell hydroponic systems
- 10/23/2018 Vertical farming: does the economic model work?
- 10/23/2018 UK startup seeks partners for co-funded trials in DWC hydroponic growing system
- 10/22/2018 Russia: Moscow to get 10 new vertical farms
- 10/22/2018 US (NY): Rooftop farm brings organic vegetables to Brooklyn residents
- 10/19/2018 Plant hormone makes space farming a possibility
- 10/19/2018 US (WI): Aquaponic grower donates lettuce to area schools
- 10/19/2018 Video: Take a look inside Scotland's biggest vertical farm
- 10/18/2018 South Africa: Aquaponics facility launched in Soweto
- 10/18/2018 South Korea: Urban farming bonds communities in Seoul
- 10/17/2018 New facility to research the farm of the future
- 10/17/2018 US (OH): Hydroponic program gets boost from police department
- 10/16/2018 Urban farming during World War Two
- 10/16/2018 New vertical farming light bar/panel hybrid designed to maximize yields with less space
- 10/12/2018 Grow & Roll with vertical farms
- 10/11/2018 AI does food
- 10/11/2018 US (HI): Researchers help Waimānalo families use aquaponics, improve health
- 10/10/2018 UAE: Dubai South selected as site for Emirates Flight Catering project
- 10/10/2018 US (NJ): Strange-looking hydroponic farm at Forbes College is fully functioning experiment
- 10/10/2018 US (MO): Urban farming organization visualizes franchise model to produce fish and vegetables