- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- US: Agtech company partners with podcast to launch educational series on soil health
- US (NJ): Generation of farmers use alternative techniques to grow crops
- Certis USA names Taylor Aguilera as Regional Manager-Northern California
- CAN (BC): Bud producer offers virtual tour of its greenhouse facility
- Belgium: Biobest receives Export Lion 2018 award
Top 5 -last month
- Russia: New greenhouse complex opened in Nevel area
- US: Tanimura & Antle respond to suspected pesticide exposure
- New Zealand: How a little farm is growing microgreens
- Food Bank using 'veggie meter' to encourage healthy eating
- US: Edible Garden to supply organic leafy greens to national grocery chains
Top 5 -last week
- US (MO): Investigating Springfield greenhouse project with residual heat
- Romania: €87.8 million to support financing instrument for farmers
- India: Women growers looking to save environment, conserve water
- Abu Dhabi: Cultivation started in Al Dahra BayWa greenhouse
- Strawberry Demo Day 2018 'Clean water, clean soil'
Australia: Grocer supports local growers
Their suppliers include Justin and Renee Camilleri, of Camilleri Hydroponics, who provide specialty lettuce from Jaspers Brush and Pheasants Nest.
Camilleri Hydroponics has been supplying Mitchell’s Markets since Mr Camilleri’s father made that decision while running the business more than 20 years ago.
Calderwood Valley Mushrooms is a 12-year-old business Mitchell’s Markets has supported since it began. It harvests mushrooms daily to help Mitchell’s stock the freshest home grown produce from the field to the shelf within 12 hours.
Other local growers include Chad Hatem, of CNC Hatem, which supplies fresh Lebanese cucumbers. And Nickson Produce delivers locally farmed free-range eggs.
Read more at the Illawarra Mercury (Greg Ellis)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/21/2018 US: Agtech company partners with podcast to launch educational series on soil health
- 09/19/2018 US (MO): Bayer donates living billboards harvest to St. Louis Area Foodbank
- 09/11/2018 Spain: Marketability probability study of cherry tomato cultivars
- 09/10/2018 Roasted: the tomato marketing board of Canada
- 09/03/2018 ‘Florida growers say Trump's NAFTA substitute won't halt Mexico's advantages’
- 08/31/2018 "Shared vision for sustainable agriculture"
- 08/30/2018 NatureFresh Farms donates produce to reduce food waste footprint
- 08/30/2018 Taste Australia yields big results in foreign trade
- 08/30/2018 US: AgSharks competition offers $250,000 minimum investment for startups
- 08/29/2018 US (MO): Growing veggies on a billboard
- 08/28/2018 Turkish exporters promote produce in Russia
- 08/24/2018 New Mexico officials start offensive to spot fake chile
- 08/21/2018 VegDoctor encourages Australian growers to innovate
- 08/20/2018 "A third of European fruit and veg crop too ugly to sell"
- 08/17/2018 How sustainability can increase your profits
- 08/17/2018 Ukraine: Fresh produce delivered straight from producer to consumer in Kherson
- 08/16/2018 PlanetProof releases English version of plant product certification scheme
- 08/10/2018 Lidl selling 5kg boxes of wonky fruit and veg for just £1.50
- 08/09/2018 M&S starts selling first 'Instagrammable vegetable'
- 08/08/2018 Australian farmer turns to watermelon to feed hungry cattle