Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Australia: Grocer supports local growersWhen Chris and Mitchell Kambouris decided to move into the grocer market they wanted to nourish the local community with fresh, quality and cost-friendly food. And they wanted to source it from the South Coast. In the process they have become major supporters of locally grown and harvested produce.
Their suppliers include Justin and Renee Camilleri, of Camilleri Hydroponics, who provide specialty lettuce from Jaspers Brush and Pheasants Nest.
Camilleri Hydroponics has been supplying Mitchell’s Markets since Mr Camilleri’s father made that decision while running the business more than 20 years ago.
Calderwood Valley Mushrooms is a 12-year-old business Mitchell’s Markets has supported since it began. It harvests mushrooms daily to help Mitchell’s stock the freshest home grown produce from the field to the shelf within 12 hours.
Other local growers include Chad Hatem, of CNC Hatem, which supplies fresh Lebanese cucumbers. And Nickson Produce delivers locally farmed free-range eggs.
Read more at the Illawarra Mercury (Greg Ellis)
Publication date: 1/5/2018
Other news in this sector: