Job offersmore »
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
Top 5 - yesterday
- "Vine-ripened tomatoes are a very neat sales gimmick"
- US: Controlled environment agriculture experiencing rapid growth
- CAN (NB): Extreme flood causes plants in nursery to swim
- New sensors and forecasting algorithms for smart agriculture
- "The reintroduction of industrial hemp is in full swing worldwide"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Australia to permit medicinal cannabis exportsAustralia said on Thursday it planned to become the fourth country in the world to legalise medicinal marijuana exports in a bid to score a piece of the estimated $55 billion global market.
Cannabis cultivation in Australia is still relatively small, as recreational use remains illegal. But the government hopes domestic medicinal use, legalised last year, and exports will rapidly boost production.
“Our goal is very clear: to give farmers and producers the best shot at being the world’s number one exporter of medicinal cannabis,” Health Minister Greg Hunt told reporters in Melbourne.
Shares in the more than a dozen Australian cannabis producers listed on the local exchange soared after the announcement.
Read more at Reuters (Colin Packham)
Publication date: 1/8/2018
Other news in this sector: