- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Сhief agronomist
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
- Highly Experienced Agribusiness Professional now Available
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
India: Pomegranate prices plummet as production soars
Pomegranates that did not go below 45 rupees per kg (0.59 euros) in the last two or three seasons in the wholesale market, are now selling for prices of 20 to 25 rupees (0.26-0.33 euros) per kg on the Kalamna market.
Market observers told The Hitavada on Tuesday that a bumper crop of pomegranates was recorded in Marathwada and adjoining places. Besides, horticulturists in Vidarbha and adjoining states are supplying significant quantities as well.
Apart from all this, experts are also saying that the area under cultivation for pomegranates has been gradually growing all over the country. As a consequence, the falling prices are disappointing the farmers who were expecting good returns.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/15/2018 US: Demand for bell peppers on the rise
- 10/15/2018 First PlanetProof Tommies cherry tomatoes on the shelves at Jumbo supermarkets
- 10/15/2018 Agricultural Council Jean Rummenie talks about Dutch-Mexican relations
- 10/15/2018 Dithmarschen: Cabbage yield probably below average
- 10/15/2018 What growers can learn from the successes and mistakes made in the flower industry
- 10/15/2018 Corn and tomato crops flattened by Hurricane Michael
- 10/12/2018 Turkey: 1.1 billion USD exports from West Mediterranean region of Turkey so far in 2018
- 10/12/2018 Ukraine Jan-Sep 2018: Tomato exports down 29%
- 10/12/2018 US: California Farm Academy tackles ag labor shortage
- 10/12/2018 NZ food prices ease as lettuce prices plunge
- 10/12/2018 "Russian state subsidizes about 16 thousand agro-industrial investment projects"
- 10/12/2018 OVERVIEW GLOBAL PEPPER MARKET
- 10/11/2018 The roar of Russia’s glass bear
- 10/11/2018 US (NY): Brighton Farmers Market gets $1M for new permanent location
- 10/11/2018 Why consumers worldwide are eating ever-more snack vegetables
- 10/11/2018 Ireland allocates €6 million for horticulture
- 10/11/2018 Horticulture initiative focuses on nutrients: "Healthy food makes you feel better"
- 10/11/2018 Food waste in Poland relatively high compared to other EU countries
- 10/10/2018 China: Coriander price dropped 76% this week
- 10/10/2018 How France uses its land