Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Qatari farms increase production by 100% amid blockadeQatari farms have increased their production of fresh vegetables by 100% this winter compared to the same period last year, despite the unjust blockade on the country.
“We expect more locally-produced vegetables to be available in the local market,” prominent Qatari agriculturist Nasser Ahmed al-Khalaf told Gulf Times.
The managing director of Agrico, a private Qatari agricultural development company, attributed the substantial rise in production not only due to the peak (winter) period but also because of the siege, which served as a golden opportunity for Qatari farm owners to expand their operations.
Read more at the Gulf Times (Joey Aguilar)
Publication date: 1/3/2018
Other news in this sector: