Job offersmore »
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
- Horticultural Consultant - Sydney, Australia
- Technical Assistant - East Malling (Kent), UK
- Greenhouse Controls Technician - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Qatari farms increase production by 100% amid blockadeQatari farms have increased their production of fresh vegetables by 100% this winter compared to the same period last year, despite the unjust blockade on the country.
“We expect more locally-produced vegetables to be available in the local market,” prominent Qatari agriculturist Nasser Ahmed al-Khalaf told Gulf Times.
The managing director of Agrico, a private Qatari agricultural development company, attributed the substantial rise in production not only due to the peak (winter) period but also because of the siege, which served as a golden opportunity for Qatari farm owners to expand their operations.
Read more at the Gulf Times (Joey Aguilar)
Publication date: 1/3/2018
Other news in this sector: