Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are now the only people producing the tubers hydroponically"
- Oxygen level in water: an underestimated factor in plant growth
- Bitcoin mining powers tomato greenhouse
- How the rise of Amazon will urge you to create a brand in fresh produce
- UV light provides novel method to improve crop performance and yield
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: LettUs grow harvests aeroponic pea in half the timeDecember has proved the culmination of a great deal of work by Lettus Grow engineers, resulting in the deployment of their aeroponic hardware into local vertical farm, Grow Bristol.
This means that the baton has now been passed to the "growing team" of biologists and environmental scientists to demonstrate how rapidly this hardware can grow tasty leafy greens, strawberries, and much more, over the new year.
Results thus far have been clear, with the LettUs Grow aeroponic pea shoots reaching same size (and biomass) as the hydroponic pea shoots - in half the time.
This particular comparison was made through an experiment specifically set up to compare yield between hydroponic and aeroponic systems, and as such, both sets of peas were grown using the same lighting, environment, water, and nutrient dosing procedure.
For more information:
Publication date: 1/2/2018
Other news in this sector: