Job offersmore »
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
- Horticultural Consultant - Sydney, Australia
- Technical Assistant - East Malling (Kent), UK
- Greenhouse Controls Technician - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: LettUs grow harvests aeroponic pea in half the timeDecember has proved the culmination of a great deal of work by Lettus Grow engineers, resulting in the deployment of their aeroponic hardware into local vertical farm, Grow Bristol.
This means that the baton has now been passed to the "growing team" of biologists and environmental scientists to demonstrate how rapidly this hardware can grow tasty leafy greens, strawberries, and much more, over the new year.
Results thus far have been clear, with the LettUs Grow aeroponic pea shoots reaching same size (and biomass) as the hydroponic pea shoots - in half the time.
This particular comparison was made through an experiment specifically set up to compare yield between hydroponic and aeroponic systems, and as such, both sets of peas were grown using the same lighting, environment, water, and nutrient dosing procedure.
For more information:
Publication date: 1/2/2018
Other news in this sector: