Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (ME): Future Farm expands hemp farm operation by 100 acresFuture Farm has signed a lease agreement for 100 acres in Maine, thereby doubling its previously announced purchase of 120 acres of a licensed industrial hemp farm. As part of the lease agreement, the company has an option to lease up to an additional 1,000 acres from the landlord. The land under lease is organic and so all activity, equipment, practices and applications must follow the Organic Guidelines set forth by MOFGA (Maine Organic Farmers and Gardeners Association).
The company also announces that it is preparing to set up a hemp cloning operation, which will use vertical farming technology to supply over 200,000 clones to the farm in 2018. The hemp clones will also be grown under the company’s Scorpion LED grow lights, which will save on electricity costs and further leverage its in house technology.
As part of the lease agreement Future Farm shall have access to a full line of farming equipment, thereby eliminating the upfront cost of having to purchase the equipment.
“This lease agreement positions us in the hemp farming and CBD business for growing, researching, developing and selling organic hemp and CBD oil, which contain a broad range of cannabinoids used to treat a growing population of CBD oil consumers,” comments Bill Gildea, CEO of Future Farm. “We look forward to a very busy 2018 with our hemp and cannabis operations positioned on both coasts to meet the exploding demand of THC and CBD oil.”
For more information:
Future Farm Technologies
342 Compass Circle
North Kingstown RI 02852
T: (617) 834-9467
Publication date: 12/22/2017
Other news in this sector: