Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (MI): Worker Protection Standards and Respirator Fit-Testing meetingsDid you know three new Worker Protection Standards (WPS) requirements go into effect Jan. 2, 2018? Are you scratching your head about how to comply with the new and revised WPS regulations? In an effort to keep growers apprised of the new regulations, the Michigan State University Extension floriculture team has developed a one-day educational program that will be available at three different dates and locations in January 2018.
At these meetings, Craig Anderson of Michigan Farm Bureau will explain which standards apply and how to comply, and will discuss OSHA Right-to-Know. Melissa Millerick-May, Division of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, will discuss hazard communication program development and respirator selection.
In addition, there will be annual respirator fit-testings at each meeting. Participants that wish to receive a respirator fit-test should have a medical evaluation conducted by a physician or licensed health care professional (PLHCP) prior to the meeting and are required to present appropriate documentation before fit-testing can be performed.
As an added benefit, attendees are eligible for 8 hours of Michigan pesticide re-certification credits.
Click here for more information and to register.
Publication date: 12/20/2017
Other news in this sector: