Job offersmore »
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
- Product manager for growing media - Finland or Estonia
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- US (AZ): The future of farming takes root
- Retractable roof helps AU greenhouse function with extremely low energy costs
- US: Regulatory barriers to developing innovative agricultural biotechnology
- Over 9 million views for this hydroponic lettuce video
- Ultra-thin MA film seeks to revolutionize packaging
Exchange ratesmore »
BioProtection Association expands global footprint, elects new presidentBioProtection Global (BPG), the global association of regional trade organizations representing the biological products industry, announced the incorporation of three new member associations at its fall meeting. Joining BPG are the Colombian Association of Bio-inputs for the Transformation of Agriculture (ASOBIOCOL), the Biocontrols Alliance of the Pesticide Manufacturers and Formulators of India (PMFAI) and the Japan Biocontrol Association (JPG).
The three key additions raises BPG's total membership to eight regional associations representing biocontrol/bioprotection companies on five continents.
"The introduction of the Colombian, Indian, and Japanese biocontrol associations into BPG significantly increases our critical mass and sets the stage for broader harmonization efforts and new efficiencies that will deliver benefits both to end users and ultimately, consumers," said Rick Melnick, President of BPG and Global Brand Manager of Valent BioSciences. "By bringing together the world's leading experts on biocontrol technology and advocacy, BPG is poised to engage IGOs, NGOs, and regulators as the go-to source for information on biocontrol technologies."
BPG members also elected Thomas Mason, Managing Director of Dudutech, as the organization's incoming President. Mason will assume the role on January 1, 2018. Headquartered in Kenya, Dudutech is part of the South African Bioproducts Organization (SABO) and a charter BPG member.
"Leading a global team of associations and individuals who share our vision of bringing sustainable, biological solutions to growers and other stakeholders is an honor," said Mason. "We remain confident that BPG will form a much-needed bridge to help drive the adoption of bioproducts worldwide.
For more information:
Publication date: 1/2/2018
Other news in this sector: