Job offersmore »
- Supply Chain and Inventory Manager - Bologna, Italy
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Sudan bans 19 additional imported goods, including fruit and vegetables
Last Saturday, the Sudanese Ministry of Commerce added 19 new items to a long list of goods traders are not allowed to import. The ban aims to protect domestic industry and it is hoped this will combat the acute shortage of hard currency in the country.
The Sudan Tribune recorded Sudanese Trade Minister Hatim al-Sir saying that this decision was based on a presidential decree to rationalize imports in accordance with the economic reform programme.
The import ban includes fruits and vegetables, meat products, animals, dairy products (except for powdered milk and formula). It also prohibits importing juices of all kinds, fish and other commodities.
Publication date: 12/13/2017
Other news in this sector: